Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicolas Eldering 10 posts 30 karma points
    Jan 20, 2011 @ 14:37
    Nicolas Eldering

(Base)Page object in Delete() [umbraco.interfaces.ITaskReturnUrl]

Hello,

I was wondering if the (Base)Page object is available when the Delete function is called from the Umbraco context menu. 

'BasePage.Current' is null as well as the 'HttpContext.Current.Handler as Page'

The reason I want the (Base)Page object is because I want to use 'ClientTools.Script' to change the content frame when it turns out that the frame is holding the item that has just been deleted.

Perhaps I am looking in the wrong direction so alternate solutions are appreciated as well.

Regards,
    Nicolas

• Ian Robinson 79 posts 143 karma points
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 10:08
    Ian Robinson

Hi Nicholas,

I'm having a similar problem - http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/api-questions/29752-Unable-to-close-modal-window-or-show-speech-bubble-using-ClientTools.

I want to close a modal window and display a speech bubble but BasePage.Current is null.  Did you ever find a solution for your problem?

• Ian Robinson 79 posts 143 karma points
    Mar 16, 2012 @ 10:15
    Ian Robinson

I fixed my own issue by inhertiing from UmbracoEnsuredPage and not just Page in my code-behind.  This ensures that "BasePage.Current" is not null, and then I was able to use the ClientTools class.

publicpartialclasspackageCaseStudy: umbraco.BasePages.UmbracoEnsuredPage

That might be what you need?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft